There are a lot of ways you could get involved with QueerJS!
If you think you'd like to do this, we'd love to work with you to make it happen - please contact us via Twitter, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
We're always looking for new locations to host meetups, as well as folks on the ground to act as local organizers and MCs.
Involvement might include working with your employers to provide a space, organizing catering for meetup attendees, ensuring that there is a livestream or opportunity to record the speakers, and generally working to ensure that the meetup runs smoothly.
What Do Local Organizers Do?
Local organizers are the point people for any given QueerJS event, and are key to its success. If you would like to be a local organizer, you should be prepared to:
- Take point on finding a venue and date to hold the event.
- Ensure there is adequate seating for the RSVP'd number of attendees at the selected venue.
- Coordinate recording of event (and individual speakers) with onsite hosts, if possible.
- Coordinate food with onsite hosts, which may either be:
- Provided by onsite hosts
- Ordered by local organizer and reimbursed through QueerJS' OpenCollective!
- Ensure the Code of Conduct is read to attendees at the beginning of the event.
- Mention reporting mechanisms for CoC violations should they occur.
- Ensure the venue is cleaned following the close of the event.